Saturday, May 12, 2007

Not much so far ...


The first half of this semester has been going fast. I only have one class this first half, Book of Mormon 2. This allows me to get a few more hours at work. I'm getting 16 or more hours every week. The school doesn't want me to work more than 20. I get close to that sometimes.

What I do for work varies. I am a Teaching Assistant for a lab that meets twice a week. It is Geology 102, a generals class. I also give tours of the mineral museum to elementary and middle school kids. Some other duties are proctoring tests, grading tests and assignments, tutoring, and being a lab assistant. I am the acting president of the Geology Society here. That, along with being the president of the BYU-Idaho student chapter of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists.

Since I can see the light at the end of the BYU-Idaho tunnel, I've been going through my stuff and selling what I don't need. When you settle down, you end up amassing greats amounts of junk/stuff. This is the reason why Mom and Dad can't move.

My field camp starts May 30th. We'll spend the first and last weeks here in Rexburg, but the rest of the time we'll be in the Big Hole and Beaverhead Mountains of eastern Idaho mapping. We'll be dry camping, so that means no shaving or showering. I want to stay somewhat sanitary while out there, so I'm thinking on getting baby wipes or something like that and AXE for daily personal hygiene. Any suggestions on what to do are welcome.

I'm not sure what I'm doing this Memorial Day. I was thinking of heading down to Utah or possibly Washington. I'm able to get someone to cover me at work for my few hours on Friday, so I would be able to head out about 12:30pm on Thursday and have a four-day weekend. But with everyone coming down here the next weekend, I'm not sure what to do.

I woke up to a snow covered Rexburg last Saturday and now it is sunny and 80 degrees here and the only AC in my car. It warmed up to fast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think baby wipes would work. Or sponge baths!!! Only if there is a sink....

Rachel said...

Congrats on the President thing! And enjoy the warmer weather! We're always here if you need a place to crash!

donna said...

Sounds like you are staying very busy at school. WOW, you are the president of the BYU-Idaho student chapter of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists. WOW!!!!

See you soon :)