Thursday, November 29, 2007

29th November 2007

Well, it is finally hitting me. I went to Grad Night here at BYU-Idaho and got some free goodies. I spoke to some friends that I haven't seen for a while. Graduation is in 15 days. I feel it too, with tests coming up and projects due.

I've figured out what I'm doing so far. I'll be here in Rexburg through the end of the summer semester. Winter semester will consist of me applying to graduate school and possibly working in the geology department. I'll be adjunct faculty here for just the summer. I've filled out the application for the position, and I'll know in a week or so if it is a done deal.

I've been looking at several options for grad school:
BYU
U Wyoming
Utah State
U Colorado
Colorado School of Mines
Oklahoma State
Baylor

It is a large list, but I've learned from Ryan's experience with Dental School not to limit yourself to only a few options. Oklahoma State is the one that looks like the best deal.

Rexburg is being it's old self. A little bit of snow, sub-freezing temperatures, and horrible wind. Maybe I'm being prepared to work in Antarctica. If I went to Oklahoma State, I could end up doing research in Antarctica. I've been needing to get a hair cut, but the wind chill has persuaded me not to. I also need an oil change. Hopefully I'll get to that Saturday along with the haircut. My band has a show next Friday. We are playing at the Westwood, an old movie theater. We've done a show there before. It is a really neat place. It is very old and has a lot of beautiful architecture and art.

6 comments:

chchoo said...

Come to USU!

chchoo said...

Oh, and good luck with finals and everything!

Dewi said...

I bet you're excited to be close to your graduation. We are excited for you!

Rachel said...

USU, Charith? No way! BYU is where it's at, Evan! Seriously HOT CHICKS! What is the name of your band? Do you have a band blog or myspace or an album???

ME said...

Good luck with finals.

Dewi said...

Glad you're okay Evan. Visit Bellevue if you're bored and up for it. We'll be glad to have you here.