Saturday, December 4, 2010

Geology in the Fall

Hi everyone! Your pictures of Thanksgiving were incredible! We poured over each one just laughing out heads off, ooing and awing at how big the grand kids are, and were very bummed we could be there. We're glad y'all had fun :)

Here are some updates on our life here in Cowboy country:

At work I've had some awesome opportunities to donate either money or time to the community. For the Thanksgiving season Stillwater does a huge food drive called "Harvest". As a bank we were able to donate over 5,000 lbs! Here is the warehouse were we boxed the cans up to be distributed to local food shelves:



I've mentioned my new hair cut a million times on facebook, so I thought I'd include a picture of Evan getting his hair cut at my favorite new salon: Hello Gorgeous! The gals are just young and fun - you can tell by the leopard print apron:



Our friend's, the McDaniels, visited from Colorado. They surprised us with the announcement that they were going to have a baby! So, Elisa and Tolu surprised them with a baby shower! We had a blast and were so grateful to show them how much they meant to us:



I can't talk about the Fall without bringing up Harry Potter! I was so excited to see this new movie and, like everyone else, wishes that the second half was here already! In some ways it will be nice to have that series done already :) I think the craziest part has been learning that some of my young women weren't even born when the first one came out! I'm not even that old, right?



I hope y'all take the opportunity to scan through all of the pictures from our trip to Arkansas on facebook. We were able to go down for just a day, but it was perfect and we found some incredible specimens:







There are very rare times that I have seen him as happy as he is when we are out checking out rocks.

This is a picture of the most recent slumber party. It was so much fun! We ordered in Chinese food, played Kinect and Wii, watched Elf, and had junk food galore! Those girls are teaching me so much, especially how to have fun and laugh until I cry!



Well as we wrap up this blog, I just wanted to show you a fun project I did at work. I made some "windows" out of construction paper and we're having a department wide snowflake making contest! I mean... we work really, really hard :) I've got incredible bosses that allow me to really explore and be creative within the perimeters of my job and I appreciate that a lot!



I hope the rest of the holiday season treats you well! As always, we miss and love you guys and are so grateful for your continued support as we make our way through this "going to school" period in our little family life, following in some big foot steps. Wishing you well,

Evan and Lacey

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Wonderful to hear about your doings and to see all the pictures. Thanks for keeping us updated! Love--MOM B

chchoo said...

We missed you guys over the holidays! Great pics!

Dewi said...

We miss you both lots! Glad to see you guys are busy doing fun/great things together. The 'going to school' years can be fun...as long as it's not taking 'too' long.... like us. :) XOXO.

Rachel said...

Kate asked me, "when are Evan and Lacey coming to visit?" This question comes up with the kids. So cute. They miss you both.

So good to see you guys, at least, via blog. You are too far away!!!

Big hugs and much love for a fabulous new year!