Monday, May 28, 2012

The Sun - It Hurts Me!


Before you read any of this post, I have to warn you - it's gross. There are graphic images of blisters. They are spreading over Evan's legs and arms like wild fire.

Let me back up. It's Memorial Day weekend. In Minnesota, when I was growing up, that means it's the first weekend we went camping as a family. For some reason I caught the bug and was itching to go this year. We joined our friends at their spot at Lake Tenkiller. We got in late Saturday night. We spent Sunday relaxing, playing ladder golf, going to a petting zoo, making s'mores, and playing dominoes. Our friends even hooked us up to have an air conditioning unit blowing into our tent - it was glorious!


Monday morning we woke up to blisters all over Evan's legs and arms... :( The meds he's on makes his skin really sensitive. We still loaded up in the boat and I got to tube for a little bit - it was awesome! But we were back on land by 9am and home by noon. Karma hit and I got two blisters on my thumbs - from tubing. He's been sleeping most of this Memorial day away - hopefully his body will heal fast.


Hope you had a great weekend! We love the Bagley's pictures from their time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. And I hope the ward party went well for the Smith's - my parents hosted a goodbye party at their house.


Love you all!

Oh - and shout out to the Hopkins. They are our dear friends from Stillwater that are moving to Arizona this week. They were our first friends here and we owe them a lot! Good luck and peace be the journey :)

2 comments:

Janae' said...

Oh my gosh you poor things!

donna said...

OUCH, that has to hurt.....