Thursday, February 14, 2008

Plow Day!

Today, the parking lot is being plowed at my complex. Everyone had to park their cars somewhere else. The ice sheet on our lot is over three inches thick in some places. They are using a caterpillar bulldozer to plow it. The mountain of snow at the end of our lot is over ten feet tall. Its even taller than the bulldozer.

What have I been up to? Well, I've met with the head of the geology department, Dr. Moore, about the teaching position. He'll soon give me some powerpoint presentations to get ready for next semester. I'll be teaching 13 credit hours. The teaching contract should be all done by the end of the month for me to sign and make everything official. I'm getting excited. I already have my schedule. I thought that I would have to be teaching night classes, but I ended up being done teaching by about three in the afternoon. The only downside to finishing early is that I start teaching at about 7:45 every morning. But I have no problem. It will be a great experience and good pay.

I've been housekeeper since I've got here. It isn't too bad because my roommates haven't been very messy. They've seen me clean up so much that it has influenced them to stay tidy, kinda. Since I'm in complete control of what I eat and since I have time to cook. I've been doing well. I have no temptation to drink pop or eat candy since I have none. I also have been starting to workout. I haven't made it to the gym yet, but I some friends who want to go. We just need to find a time that works for all of us.

I'm over the cold I developed just before I left Pasco. I guess it helps being away from other sick people and kids. I feel good. I'm glad to be back.

5 comments:

Dewi said...

all great things. We're happy for you! Good to hear that you're back in your place. Happy V Day!

Shirley said...

Thanks for all you do for me. I know that pretty soon you will be doing the same in your own home or apartment. Things seem to be going your way, and I am so happy for you.
Love Ya Lots----MOM

Clan of the Derek said...

I hope that everything works out for ya. Sounds like things are going pretty good. I can't say I envy you with all that snow and ice, it is warming up here a little and I need the kids in school. Sorry we shred so much of our sickness with ya. You know my kids like to be so generous. Well take care and hope to see ya next break!

Shell

chchoo said...

Welcome back to the land of cold and snow. Glad you made it back okay. No candy or pop? Are you really a Bagley or is this a case of the Body Snatchers? Have you seen that movie? The original, I mean? Tangent. Way to go. I've taken a liking to Oreos lately and I can't stay away from them if they're in our house. How is the new temple looking?

Rachel said...

How exciting to be teaching next semester!

What a challenege to be stranded, and I'm sure it's nice to be back home! Keep up the good work with your eating and exercise! It's worth taking care of YOU! I love you, man! Hang in there!!! :)