Sunday, March 30, 2008

Only in Horseshoes and Hand-grenades...

This upcoming week should be full of resolutions.  First, I should find out if I have an apartment.  It is the $395 /mo place.  It sounds like I may be able to start moving things in next week. I hope I get it before the semester ends so that I am able to move my friends furniture that he is giving me into the apartment when he graduates next month.

The other big thing happening this week is that my contract should be ready for me to sign.  The contract was all typed up Friday and was given to the Dean of the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.  It should eventually make it to Dr. Moore, the head of the Geology Department.  When he gets it, then I will sign it.  That means I should be getting my building keys, ID card, and office.  That'll be exciting.

My roommate is also leaving this week.  He is going on a two week cruise to the Caribbean.  I'm really not jealous.  I get to go on a Geology field trip to Hawaii July 27th to August 5th.  We'll be going to the active lava flows on the big island.  We'll also collect lots of great samples for personal and academic purposes.  The black beach sand as well as the green beach sand.  I'm really excited.  I was thinking that if Dad covered the fees, then that'll count for the cruise he says he owes me.

PS. I do have a girlfriend.  Don't get too excited.  The thought of marriage hasn't entered our minds, well not seriously yet.  Well, at least my mind.  Her name is Lacey.  She is from Bemidji, Minnesota which is next to Bagley, Minnesota.

5 comments:

chchoo said...

WooHoo!! Send us pics of the lucky Lacey! We'll have to come up and go on a double date so we can interview her. :) Congrats on the pending apt and keys to the university and the new office and everything else.

donna said...

OK Evan we want the infor about the GIRL!!!!!! oh and post pictures of her:)!!!!!


Hawaii how fun!!!!!

Rachel said...

Oh that is so incredibly exciting about the furniture you're getting from that guy! The girl friend thing is cool, too.

Shirley said...

Let us know about the fees to Hawaii. It really sounds like Geology Heaven. I'm so glad that you get to go. Life is so busy, but fulfilling. We are happy for all the progress you are making. Good luck with all the important decisions that you need to make.
Love-MOM

Dewi said...

We're excited for you too about Hawaii. It sounds like a blast. Hope all work out nicely for you.