Wednesday, July 20, 2011

100 Miles South of the Border

And we're off! This time we headed to Minnesota. On July 1st Sierra had a baby girl, Sophe Ann!


Both mommy and baby are doing great! She had an easy pregnancy and an even easier delivery.

But I should start at the beginning...


Our first stop was in Duluth to see Zak, Crystal, and boys. Not even just to see them, but we arrived just in time for me to register in a race! Zak ran the 5 mile (in just under 48 mins) while Crystal and I walked the 2 mile (in just over 40 mins). We cooled off with some popsicles, chatted about life, gave them all big hugs, then went on our merry way to Bemidji to see Sophe.


Who looks just like her mom, no her dad, no her auntie... no, just like Sophe :)


One thing is for sure, it was love at first site! She is just so precious and sweet. There is nothing quite like holding a two week old baby...


Or saying congrats to mom and dad in person. Great work you two :)

We couldn't visit the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" without getting out on one! My dad rented a pontoon and we bopped around Cass Lake. I had every intention of staying on it - but I somehow (fully clothed) couldn't resist it's appeal. A clean, beautiful, cool and refreshing dip :) I'm a sucker for lakes.


A little wind blown - but loving it! That fella in front is my parents "adopted son". He's working at a scout camp for the summer and gets to spend his one day off with them - lucky boy. We made it worth it -




On Sunday we dined like kings:


Hearty whole wheat french toast, fresh Minnesota strawberries, and cool whip :)

The boys shot some guns:


Hopefully killing some mosquitos, I forgot how bad they were up there.

We visited with family:


This is my granny, holding Sophe :)

And we all spent a lot of time holding the sweet new baby:








Love her, love her, love her!

Then we waved farewell - goodbye Smiths, we love you!

No comments: