Monday, July 16, 2007

Finals Week: Summer 07

It is now finals week here in Rexburg. We got back to town last Friday afternoon to conclude our last time up in the mountains. I spent 7 hours in the geology computer lab Saturday working on my map. I was on campus today for about 6 hours today and I finished my map. I began to put in in Adobe Illustrator to make my poster that I'll present in front of the geology faculty on Wednesday. I'm working on my report right now. I should finish that tomorrow along with my poster.

I spent 5 hours cleaning our front room and misc. areas of the apartment. I also ran some stuff over to Lyle Fort's house for safekeeping during the 7-week break that begins later this week. I'm staying here in Rexburg until Friday. I'll carpool with Lyle and his wife to Spokane to visit the Johnsons. We'll stay there till Sunday then we'll head to Pasco. I should be there Sunday night.

P.S. - I lost 40 lbs. during field camp.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

40 pounds--holy cow---that is a lot of weight. How do you feel? You have such a busy week and will deserve a good break. I hope that your time at home will be fun and restful.
We love you--------MOM

Dewi said...

Wow on losing 40 lbs Evan. Hope to see you soon!

donna said...

WOW!!! 40. Way to go Evan :)

Clan of the Derek said...

We are so excited to see you Evan, congrats on the 40lbs(you'll have to tell me you secrets). I hope that you are looking forward to coming home.
See ya soon

Shell

chchoo said...

I bet you're glad to have a break. The A/C at your parents' house is heaven. So is the cooking and the lounging around. See you in a couple weeks.

Evan said...

The secret to losing weight:

Camp and only have enough food to survive. Hike 5-10 miles a day in an area with 4000 feet of relief and no trails. Drink only water and gatorade. You eat a lunchmeat sandwich, fruit, and a granola bar for lunch. Eat a Little Debbie with a high protein dinner. Go to bed around 9:30 and wake up at 6:00. Eat a high protein breakfast.