Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer Cleaning and stuff

I've been home from school for a little over a week now. Things have been pretty busy and hectic.

My last final was Wednesday the 18th. It was an oral presentation berfore the class and the faculty. I presented my poster which includes information on what I studied and mapped in the Beaverhead Mountains. After presentations, I made the fixes to my poster that the professors wanted me to. I reprinted it, and it is now hanging in my room. The printer ran out of blue ink while printing, so when I get back to school, I'll reprint it for the professors.

The rest if the 18th and all day on the 19th and 20th involved moving my stuff into Lyle Fort's house to store over the break. I packed my stuff up and cleaned the apartment. I was the last one out, so I made sure everything was clean. I had to be out on the 19th, so I spent that night at Lyle's.

Lyle, his wife, and I caravaned to Spokane to visit the Johnson family for the weekend. I always enjoy being with them. They are a great family. Visiting their house and playing on their pianos is a plus. It is amazing how nice a Bosendorfer Model 290 Imperial 97-keyed 9' 6" Grand Piano sounds. We went to Pizza Pipeline and got the 26" pizza. It fed 8 very hungry people. We later went downtown to the park and stopped by Dick's for some burgers.

I had been planning on heading to Spokane for a couple weeks when I found out that Voyle was flying in there. He was supposed to get there Saturday night. He got bumped to Sunday morning and routed through Denver. When he got to Denver, his flight to Spokane had already left. He was then put on a flight that showed up at 1pm. This allowed me to spend more time with my friends and to go to sacrament meeting with the Johnsons. I picked Voyle up and we stopped at Zips in Ritzville for lunch. We got home that evening and played some card games.

I ran some errends with mom Monday morning and made it to work in the afternoon. I did the usual sweeping of the cobwebs around the building and sweeping the stairwell. Tuesday involved running around and getting errands done. Wednesday, Voyle and I ran to some car audio places and then I took him to Loren's office. While he was there I lubed my car, renewed my driver's license, applied for a concealed weapons permit, and ran to the bank. We then went home and stared cleaning the basement and shop. While running around during the week, Voyle and I have been eating a taco wagons since Toronto doesn't have real Mexican food.

The next couple days involved disposing of 800lbs of stuff from the shop and organizing what was left. I know that I need to go through the small stuff in the back of the shop during the next few weeks. I also have to go through the toys to dispose of broken toys.

The weekend involved giving my car to Voyle for a couple of days, not knowing what was happening, and pure confusion.

Monday, I pulled up the RV and did some cleaning and prep for the family reunion. I just now need to contact Pimp My Ride.

I had friend who told me that, while I was in the Tri-Cities, I was to be on the lookout for a Nintendo Wii for him. So, while I was getting a part for my car stereo at Best Buy, I found two. I got one and informed him to get controllers and games. I've been testing it out the last few days. It really is amazing and fun. I highly suggest getting one to those curious. He will be down here to pick it up from me later this week, so I guess I need to use it as much as possible.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Thanks for all you do for me!
MOM

chchoo said...

Rock on. Pimp my ride would be sweet.

donna said...

I am glad that you are having a great time being home. Hey do you want to clean my house?????

Emily said...

Wow.

Shirley said...

Let us know how you are doing and we need pictures of your new digs.
LOVE--------MOM